half an hour

Mondays I usually start work either at 08:00 in the morning to cover the early opening hours from 08:00 to 10:00 at the reception until the late shift takes over from 10:00 to 19:00, to let me start my working day full of meetings. As on Mondays I can do with just one staff at the reception due to one of the courses being closed for maintenance. Or else, I start around 09:00ish, with my book-keeper doing the early hours.
Today is such a luxury day of extra time in the morning on a Monday. As I woke up quite early, I already fed my worms in the cellar, watered my garden, harvested some radishes to take to work for lunch, had a really nice cup of coffee in my garden, petting my cat and took some extra time at the bathroom. Treating myself to deep hair conditioning and some other finery, one let’s usually go for lack of time. Oh, yes, I also seamed four flags. The big ones to go on a pole. As they need a hem at the upper end, to slip over the cantilever beam, our flag poles are equipped with, to have the flags displayed in full, even if there is no wind.
And now I have another relaxed half hour to write here. With nothing much to say on my mind. So I just shared my little morning activities. Seems, as even here at my blog, pressure and stress produce the better entries…

5 thoughts on “half an hour

  1. It’s official – you DO work too much. Feeding worms, working in the garden, cuddling a pet, taking a shower, having coffee, sewing flags (. . . ??), AND writing a blog entry . . . that’s more than I accomplish over an entire weekend!


    1. you mean apart from picking up a big house, overlooking and mentally organizing the upcoming week for two school girls, feeding and petting cat(s?) and dog(s?), walking dog(s) twice, ironing vast quantities of Ts and the like, filling and refilling the washer and dishwasher again and again, preparing breakfast twice, watching the obligatory Star Treck sessions, and I’m sure there’s lots I forgot…


    2. the flags… a nuisance. Bought 25 flags with our club logo on it to fly in front of the club house and over at the parking lot. But they were delivered wrongly: without the ordered hem needed for the cantilever beam. I couldn’t be bothered sending them back, one can just as easily make that one straight seam, I thought (almost regretting this decision now). Every so often, when I have extra time, I just seam a few at home. As we usully display just four flags at a time and need to replace them once a year (for wind wear), there is no hurry to finish the task. 25 flags should really last three years…


Comments are closed.